We are currently looking for a Fluorescent Lighting Ballast Design Engineer to join our core team of engineers and consultants responsible for developing, designing, debugging, and evaluating high efficiency 1) Compact Fluorescent 2) Linear Fluorescent, and 3) Emergency Fluorescent Ballasts. In addition to design creation, the individual will be responsible for managing the product through the appropriate Listing process for approval.
Education / Requirements
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• 5 years of hands electronics ballast development
• Strong knowledge with International Rectifier IR21592S Dimming Ballast Controller 16 pin SOIC SMT and other ASICs.
• Knowledge of I/O details for the IR chipset.
• Understanding of Power Electronics theory and popular North American ballast design platforms
• Familiar with lighting electronics regulatory requirements such as UL, CNL, and IEC
• Proficient in using electronic circuit modeling and analytical tools such as Altium and Mathcad.
• Familiar with electrical measurement and experimental data analysis
• Ability to prioritize multiple program tasks.
• Highly proficient Project Management skills
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Effective interaction with other engineering disciplines skills a must
• Assist in the development of product specifications, verification plans, and validation plans
• Design new products from conception through production
• Validate product design through use of design tools, simulation, lab testing, and field testing
• Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of current open issues on the different variations of ballast
• Work with customers and field personnel in the development and resolutions of existing products.
• You must possess a private driver’s license, pass an employment test, undergo a reference and security check.
• Possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• To be considered for the position applicants must describe their experiences with all of the responsibilities listed in the job description; the software packages you have worked with; your ability to reference National Electrical Codes; your working knowledge of complex electrical / electronic equipment and circuits, ability to read and edit complex materials, checklist, blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
• Contract to hire
• Direct hire
• Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resumé to jobs@NextekPower.com