Nextek Participates in Connected Vehicle Trade Association Summit
The Connected Vehicle Trade Association in conjunction with the Michigan Department of Transportation and SAE International hosted The Second International Summit on the State of the Connected Vehicle with a Primary Focus on Policy and Strategy for Deployment. The first day emphasized policy, funding, issues and strategies to accelerate deployments regionally and internationally, and the second day addressed near term business opportunities, vehicle to grid connectivity and insurance telematics. The Summit brought together senior executives and policy officials from government and industry with responsibility for the deployment and operation of Connected Vehicle programs systems and products. Presenters from Europe, Asia and North America provided perspectives from their respective regions. In addition, major corporate business leaders from automotive companies, the technology supplier community and communication companies discussed the business and partnering opportunities in this rapidly evolving environment. This event will brought together the international public and private sector leadership with responsibility for deployment in the connected vehicle environment.
Paul Savage, Nextek CEO, was a featured speaker at the event and brought his expertise on DC power solutions and vehicle to grid connectivity.
Specific questions the summit was expected to answer include:
- Deployment schedules including costs, product and service introduction schedules and installation projections locations
- International variations on business models for vehicle and roadside deployments
- Regional perspectives of deployment, policy, and business models
- Near term and longer term benefits regarding congestion, safety, environmental issues and economic development
- Wide area connectivity and other networks, and the interface of DSRC to ITS networks
- Highlights of short term business opportunities in the US and internationally.
- New development in Insurance Telematics and data analytics
- Updates on the advances in vehicle to grid connectivity