We are currently looking for a Software Developer to join our core team of engineers and consultants responsible for developing, designing, debugging, and evaluating software for power electronics development at component and system level. Once the product is designed, the individual will be responsible for managing the product through the appropriate NEC process for approval.
Education / Requirements
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• 5 years of hands on embedded design experience
• Strong knowledge with microcontroller software development in "C" with the following microprocessors:
o Sil Labs - C8051F930-GQ
o uChip - DSPIC 33FJ128MC204
o uChip – DSPIC 33FJ63GS610
• Strong background in C / C++ including system-level and chip-level architecture / micro-architecture and macro-architecture.
• Software Architecture, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning
• Knowledge on I/O details
• Solid knowledge in platform design, device drivers
• Highly proficient Project Management skills
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Effective interaction with other engineering disciplines skills a must
• Assist in the development of product specifications, verification plans, and validation plans
• Validate product design through use of design tools, simulation, lab testing, and field testing
• Use software version control and product data management control systems to manage the development of software
• Work with customers and field personnel in the development and validation of new products
• Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance
• Define software strategies, create code, and test in a bench environment as well as in the target application.
• C++ development in Borland.
• You must possess a private driver’s license, pass an employment test, undergo a reference and security check.
• Possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• To be considered for the position applicants must describe their experiences with all of the responsibilities listed in the job description; the software packages you have worked with; your ability to reference National Electrical Codes; your working knowledge of complex electrical / electronic equipment and circuits, ability to read and edit complex materials, checklist, schematics, and diagrams.
• Contract to hire
• Direct hire
• Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resumé to jobs@NextekPower.com