Power Electronics Engineer
We are currently looking for a Power Electronics Engineer to join our core team of engineers and consultants responsible for developing, designing, debugging, and evaluating high efficiency power electronic components, circuits, and systems for power distribution. In addition to design creation, the individual will be responsible for managing the product through the appropriate Listing process for approval.
Education / Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering – Power Systems (Desired)
- At least 4 years of design experience working in any of the following: 300 – 600 V AC DC area, renewable energy sector, power distribution, energy management, utility company, power electronics.
- Experienced in the advanced design of power electronics including high efficiency AC and DC power electronics, especially AC-DC rectifiers, DC-DC regulators, and DC-AC Inverters.
- Develop design specifications and evaluate different design topology for power electronics.
- Past experience must be with 300 – 600 VDC systems.
- Design experience with three phase power electronic converters used in inverters, battery chargers or power supplies.
- Knowledge and experience with evaluating and preparing product specifications and product performance test procedures or plans.
- Strong knowledge of UL/CE standards for testing and rating power electronics
- Experience designing electrical systems that comply with North American and international codes and standards
- Highly proficient Project Management skills
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action, analytical problem solving and trouble-shooting, Lean Tools, Standardization
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Relocation assistance may be offered to chosen candidate.
- Assist in the development of product specifications, verification plans, and validation plans
- Design new products from conception through production
- Validate product design through use of design tools, simulation, lab testing, and field testing
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of current open issues on the different variations of power supplies
- Work with customers and field personnel in the development and resolutions of existing products
- You must possess a private driver’s license, pass an employment test, undergo a reference and security check.
- To be considered for the position applicants must describe their experiences with all of the responsibilities listed in the job description; the software packages you have worked with; your ability to reference National Electrical Codes; your working knowledge of complex electrical / electronic equipment and circuits, ability to read and edit complex materials, checklist, schematics, and diagrams.
- Contract to hire
- Direct hire
- Onsite Consultant
- Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resumé to jobs@NextekPower.com